- Tissue diagnosis of oral and maxillofacial specimens
- Immunofluorescence & immunohistochemical stains
- Consultation of radiographic and clinical images
- Second opinion review of microscopic slides
- Complimentary biopsy kits
- Complimentary delivery of biopsy specimens to our laboratory by the US Postal Service
- 24-hour turnaround time on most biopsies, excluding those that require further analysis such as special stains or decalcification procedures
- Gross description and orientation of tissue by Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologists
- Complete written biopsy report including history, gross, microscopic description, diagnosis and comments (when appropriate)
- Upon request, we are happy to provide histologic images (photomicrographs) of your case for your files
- Availability of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologists to discuss special concerns and procedures on a case-by-case basis
- Telephone reporting by pathologists of all malignant diagnoses and unusual findings
- Same day faxing of reports to offices
- Same day mailing of the original written report
- Direct billing to patients from our laboratory
- Interest free payment plans for patients with financial challenges
- Courtesy filing of PPO insurance claims when provided complete medical or dental insurance information
Our Billing Policy
After your doctor has submitted a specimen to our laboratory you will receive a bill directly from Oral Pathology Associates for diagnosis of your specimen. This is a separate fee from that charged by your surgeon. Based upon differing complexities of each tissue sample we receive, our fees may vary. In cases of multiple tissue sites, each site will have a separate fee. Decalcification of hard tissues such as bone, evaluation of margins, and special stains entail additional charges.
We are a fee for service company. Therefore, we kindly ask for payment up front and are not members of any preferred provider networks. As a courtesy to you, we will bill medical or dental insurance companies when provided with complete and accurate information. Because we are out of network, any reimbursement will be provided directly to the insured. Insurance payments are not considered “payment in full”. Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO) plans will not cover our charges. We are not providers of any State Benefits Programs and have opted out of Medicare. They do not cover our services.
Therefore, you are responsible for your balance regardless of insurance. It should be paid promptly to avoid additional late fees. We accept personal and certified checks, as well as Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please do not send cash. If you are paying by credit card, please be sure the cardholder’s name is legible, and provide us with the billing address for the card if it is different from the patient address on your statement. Because we are not a member of any preferred provider networks, most insurance companies will reimburse the subscriber directly. If the payment is sent to us in error, a reimbursement will be sent to the subscriber.